Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 01, 2018 - An unexpected send.

It's rare for me to go to Cuvier one a public holiday. Especially when it's finally sunny after two days of nothing but rain.
Cuvier is one of those areas that I usually avoid then, but the Grimbergen crew wanted to go there as it's easy for them to join the road back to Belgium from there.
Without having a project in mind, I joined them there and waited for them to decide where to climb first. It became the "Carnage" square, where surprisingly not many people were climbing yet.

While the others were climbing some of blue circuit around the area, I warmed up in "Cortomaltèse", climbed what I thought was "Picon-Bière", but turned out not to be.
But anyway, I was warmed up and my fell on the classic "Infidèle" on the same boulder around the corner.

I had never tried "Infidèle" before. I had stood in front of it, but only briefly, thinking that it looked way too hard.
To my surprise, I realised after a couple of tries that there was a possibility and decided to spend some time on it.
It was some time indeed, because all in all it was about an hour and half later until I suddenly topped it out.
It felt strange to have come to Cuvier without a plan and then suddenly, completely unexpected, doing such a great classic! It felt great too though!

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - Infidèle 7C(7C+)




Due to a recent update on my MacBook Air, the built-in video editor, iMovie had stopped working or kept crashing.
After having spent almost four hours trying to fix the problem, I had to work around it by quickly using MovieMaker on my laptop from work.
Not knowing that program, and being in kind of a hurry, I forgot to cut the end. But at least it worked ... on good old Windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment