Thursday, May 10, 2018

May 10, 2018 - Step by step.

Another public holiday for a lot European countries, which for most means a long weekend, and it was to noticeable on the streets.
The majority of cars that crossed my way going to Rocher Saint-Germain were either Belgian, Dutch or German.
If the English would have been there too, you could have fooled me into believing it was the Easter weekend.

I parked at the Belle Croix on the top of the hill as I wanted to try "OSS 117" first, just above the boulder with "Délire Onirique".
Knowing that I would have to hike up all the way up the Route de Luxembourg, was a problem for later. First climbing.

"OSS 117" is a lowball boulder and looks somewhat awkward at first, but it's a really nice problem!
Two very hard moves, especially the first one, followed by keeping body tension and staying calm, and it's over.
Really fun problem despite having to avoid the small boulder behind you.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - OSS 117 7B+




My next goal was "Jump" further down the hill along the blue path. A huge dyno out of a slight overhang to a very far big marbled hold.
I had already tried this one numerous times on numerous occasions, but never with success.
Until today ...

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - Jump 7B+(7C)




Before going back to the car, I played a bit in "Rencontre du Troisième Type" and "Pointe à Pitre", but I didn't find enough motivation to really try hard.
To go back, I didn't follow the blue path but the infamous long and very steep Route de Luxembourg.
I looked up while walking and kept saying to myself to take it step by step.

Looking up the steep Route de Luxembourg. Halfway ... almost there ...

Thierry (Hardy) was back in the forest, with his girlfriend this time, and we met up at "Rocher de la Reine" where he wanted to try the very long 7C "Mahknovtchina".
This one starts all the way down in the back of a small cave, climbs the whole roof of that one on quite good holds but with physical moves, to finish in the 7A+(7A) "Voyage au Centre de la Terre".
I only did the latter, which starts with an almost perfect pinch.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Reine - Voyage au Centre de la Terre 7A+(7A)


No comments:

Post a Comment