Monday, May 21, 2018

May 21, 2018 - The end of the line.

Yesterday afternoon, I worked in the garden and for at least two hours, I cut bamboo in pieces small enough to burn in our fire bowl.
My fingers and body felt wrecked this morning, but still eager to climb, I went to the nearby 91.1.
I had left early to avoid the crowds and because more garden worked was planned for the afternoon.

As a warmup and with soar fingers and skin, I flashed "L'Américain" with relative ease.
Opened as a 7B, but adjusted to 7A+(7B) after today.
Still for 7A+, it felt kind of soft in my opinion.

Fontainebleau - 91.1 - L'Américain 7B




I couldn't find enough motivation to go really deep in "Le Bowling", to the left of "L'Américain", so I decided to have a look for the isolated boulder of "Défi Supplémentaire".
I found it quite easily only by looking at the picture and using some common sense.
Basically it's located at about 150m to the East-South-East of the main area of 91.1, to the North-North-East of Le Bilboquet on a tiny hill.

Looking at the picture and standing in front of it, "Défi Supplémentaire" looks like you would flash without blinking your eyes, but I couldn't have been more wrong.
The many pockets and hold are mostly oriented wrong as opposed to the move you want to make.
I really had to go deep for this one, but finally managed to top it out too.
My fingers and skin were completely wrecked, it was the end of the line!

Fontainebleau - 91.1 - Défi Supplémentaire 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment