Sunday, May 6, 2018

May 06, 2018 - Watch the tick.

Last night I woke up with an itch on the backside of my knee, where the skin folds together when bending the legs. Immediately I knew that it was a tick.
It was just before 4am, but still, I got out of bed to remove that pesky insect right away. The sooner you remove a tick, the less the chance of being infected with Lyme disease if the tick carries it.
Let this be a warning and a reminder to everyone going out in the forest. The tiny bastards are back!

I only repeated some problems today, but still nice ones.
First I met Tim (Collier) in Buthiers, who was hoping to finish off "Magic Bus".
I repeated it on my second try today, Tim needed some more time, but with the right motivation he was able to tick it off. Good job!

Afterwards, I showed him around in the small, relatively unknown area of Villetard in the neighbouring village.
It didn't take me a lot of tries to repeat "Le Surplomb de Villetard" and "Le Surplomb de Villetard (sortie gauche)". Tim however, couldn't find enough energy anymore to give it some real good tries, but he noted them down on his project list.

Finally, wanting to meet up with Thierry (Hardy) in Rocher de la Reine, I quickly repeated "Boby (assis)" two times.
I already had a video of it, but back then, I had started sitting on a crashpad and already had the bidoigt right hand.
As it wasn't conform with the original sitstart from the ground and with the right hand not yet in the bidoigt, I decided to record it again.
I repeated it twice to be sure that I had done a correct topout, but both went on my first attempt.
Soft for the grade and maximum 7A in my opinion.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Reine - Boby (assis) 7A+




It then became too hot with temperatures flirting with 30°C, and I went home and washed the car with the kids.
Useful refreshing fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment