Monday, May 7, 2018

May 07, 2018 - Keep going.

Yesterday evening, Bart (Van Raaij), was so friendly to send me a picture from his new topo "5+6" that shows the location of the boulder with "La Fouine".
As Tuesday is a public holiday in France, we were making the bridge today so this morning, I was eager to change plans and have a third look for "La Fouine".
The morning started on a somewhat negative tone when Tim's car for some reason refused to start and despite having tried starter cables, it took a while and some friendly external help from some climbers who happened to have a Volt meter with them, that it was the battery after all.
After insisting some more with starter cables, the car finally managed to start.
Thierry (Hardy) and I didn't need much effort to convince Tim to still join us to "La Fouine".

Thanks to the picture that Bart sent me and with a small help line, we finally managed to find the beautiful prow suddenly sticking out between the immersing ferns.
Soon, the boulder will be even harder to find, so well hidden.
Despite a small peak from the sun between the leafs, the overhanging prow lies perfectly in the shade and is an ideal spot for hot days.

We all started with "La Belette", but were a bit overwhelmed with how hard the start was.
Each one of us tried many different methods, but I turned out to be the only one to find a suiting one for my style and was able to top it out.

Fontainebleau - Roche d'Hercule - La Belette 7B




While Thierry and Tim were still trying to find their way through the start of "La Belette", I quite quickly did "La Belette (gauche)", which has a harder exit to the left of the prow and deserves that extra plus as opposed to the exit on the right of it in my opinion.

Fontainebleau - Roche d'Hercule - La Belette (gauche) 7B(7B+)




Soon after, with Tim ready to go back to Belgium and Thierry still struggling, I also managed to do "Madrox", of which the hardest part is the first two moves.

Fontainebleau - Roche d'Hercule - Madrox 7B




Thierry still tried desperately, but had to throw in the towel.
On the way back to the car we both still managed to do the 6C+, "La Balise Perdue", which didn't feel harder than 6C once we found the right method.

Thierry also decided to drive back to Belgium and I went back home for about an hour to take a break.
My oldest son, Anthony, had climbing lesson in the climbing of Buthiers, and as they normally finish at 19h30, I still took some time to try "L'Écureuil Fou" again in Buthiers Piscine.
I had done the direct version not that long ago, but didn't manage to make through the original left exit on very bad slopers. Beautiful slopers though, those typical Bleau ones!

At the start of the session, I didn't believe that I would finish it, but after changing method and desperately fighting through, I finally did manage to tick it off.
This felt like at least like a 7B, and a hard one too!

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Piscine - L'Écureuil Fou 7A+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment