Thursday, May 17, 2018

May 17, 2018 - The choice.

Yesterday evening I had spent almost an hour working out the moves of "Coup de Faiblesse" in Rocher Guichot.
It all went better than I had expected and in the end, I even even fell off the last moves a couple of times, coming from the start.
I was out of energy and out of time to take a longer rest. On top of that, I had pulled a deep split in two of my fingers, which had started bleeding.
The whole day today, I had "Coup de Faiblesse" on my mind, and I was determined to finish it off after dinner ... with two fingers taped.

There were two other climbers that had arrived just before me, but they were there for "Guichot Business" and they didn't mind me when I asked.
Already on my first attempt this evening, I arrived at the point where I fell off yesterday, but made a wrong move and fell out.
Every attempt after that I fell off the same last moves, but now it was the tape that started to bother me and didn't give enough friction on the slopers at the end.
I had to make a choice between preserving my fingers, or substantially increasing my chances to send the problem.
I chose the latter and topped "Coup de Faiblesse" not long after.

Beautiful problem with some great moves!
Now "Coup de Force" comes into my radar
All my fingers survived by the way ... more or less.

Oh yeah, and thanks to Maxime for the encouragement.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Guichot - Coup de Faiblesse 7C(7B+)


No comments:

Post a Comment