Saturday, May 19, 2018

May 19, 2018 - Where was everyone?

It was still quite early when I parked at Le Chalet Jobert, but Sepp (Breesch) was already there seemingly just finishing breakfast or simply enjoying a moment in the sun.
Once again, I was going to try the crux of "Lanceur d'Alerte" in La Fontaine Saint-Bernard and Sepp joined me for a couple of minutes to have a look at the boulder before going to Maunoury.

Sepp had told me that he receiced news that the bivouac of the Hippodrome in Fontainebleau was completely full, which I kind of expected on again a long weekend where Monday is a public holiday in many countries.
I quickly made some nice progress in sticking the crux of "Lanceur d'Alerte" at least a couple hundreds of milliseconds and hurried to Mont Simonet before the crowds would appear.

I made a quick ascent of "Le Requin Blanc", in which I chickened out last time.
Very nice problem on a beautiful boulder!

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet - Le Requin Blanc 7A




I then wandered through the main area for a while, trying some problems on the way and ended up at the huge boulder of "Duke Nukem" near the bottom of the hill. All that without seeing a single person.
On the backside of that boulder I managed to finish "Modulation", a beautiful problem opened by David Evrard and François Louvel, which is unfortunately often wet for a long time after rain.
In fact, it was the first time that I found it completely dry and I took advantage of the occasion.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet - Modulation 7B(7B+)




The rest of the day was spent working in the garden ...

No comments:

Post a Comment