Wednesday, May 2, 2018

May 02, 2018 - Two (sea) stars.

It was back in January 2011 when I tried "L'Étoile de Mer (gauche)" for the first time, and it was together with Ivan (Moreels) and Steven (Demets).
I remember that none of us was able to finish it, but it was at the end of a long exhausting climbing day.
However, it was immediately clear that coming out of the roof into the wall was the crux, and a hard one too!

I had tried it a few times since then but I was never able to let go of my right foot and keep enough body tension to catch the swing and hang on. But that was already a while ago now.
With not that many possibilities left for me in Gorge aux Châts, I decided to spend some time in it after work.

The problem, and the start in particular, are faced North and can feel humid for some time after a rainy period, but apart from the damp starting holds, the problem was dry.
Didn't take me many times to stick the swing this time, but getting up into the wall proved to be not as easy as it might look.
Very nice line!

Fontainebleau - Gorge aux Châts - L'Étoile de Mer (gauche) 7A(7A+)




I also did the original exit over the prow, but this somehow didn't feel very hard and not like a potential 7B.
I'm giving it 7A+ at most, but that's maybe thanks to my big reach.

Fontainebleau - Gorge aux Châts - L'Étoile de Mer 7A+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment