Friday, November 13, 2015

September 30, 2015 - Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Couleur Feu assis 7A+(7B)

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Couleur Feu assis 7A+(7B)

One day you do a 7C, the other you can't even get up a 6B. That's how complicated and strange sometimes Fontainebleau grading can be.
But we (climbers) all (or most of us) have them, the excuses why we didn't top something out, can't stick that hold, why we fell off that last move, why we just can't get our feet off the ground.
In a way I like these situations, because it reminds me to stay humble, to take a step back, look at myself and admit that I just can't do it at this particular time. I have a lot of these times. Face it! Period! Point final!
It reminds me that nothing is for granted, it all needs some kind of struggle, how big or small it might be.
I have excuses. Too moist, too hot, no more skin left, injury from last time, time pressure, ate too much, not feeling well, hard day at work, bad night, ... you name, we've got it.

Luckily I didn't need any of those this evening as I flashed the stand start (6C) and did the sitstart second go.

I did however already have an excuse in mind, I might save it for next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment