Friday, November 13, 2015

November 13, 2015 - When the skin says "STOP!!", you add some tape to shut it up!

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Potala - Cocaine 7A

I had already given up on climbing today as a couple of rain showers made everything wet enough to make it all unclimbable. But, on the other hand, the wind had returned so everything was drying quickly again.
I again had already taken a shower when I stumbled upon a video that featured a rediscovered problem in Rocher du Potala ... "Cocaine". 
When I saw that problem, I immediately knew that it was something for me and I was psyched to go try it.
So I set off again, hoping that it would be dry.
While walking to the area, I could hear the wind blowing through the trees and it sounded like music in my ears! It was a sound I hadn't heard for way too long! I knew that my chances that it would be dry were increasing!
Low and behold when I got there, the boulder was dry enough to be climbed, moreover, the conditions were even really good!
"Cocaine" went down fast!



Fontainebleau - Rocher du Potala - La Poussière qui Tue 6C+(7A)

After having done "Cocaine" so quickly, there was still some time left, and I didn't want to move too far away again. 
I realized I didn't have "La Poussière qui Tue" yet on video, so the decision was quickly made to repeat this for the video.

It has some really nice moves, but that sharp crimp right hand can cut right through the skin! So I took out the tape again, and it proved to have helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment