Friday, November 13, 2015

October 31, 2015 - Haut des Gorges, a new area in Apremont

Fontainebleau - Apremont Haut des Gorges - L'Eté en Pente Douce 7A

This recently developed area has a few nice boulders in it.
This is one of them.
Originally opened as 7A(7A+) but as always, when new areas haven't seen many repeaters yet, the grades still change over time.
Did this second go, but could have flashed it if my foot wouldn't have slipped.
This feels more like a soft 7A, if not a 6C+.



Fontainebleau - Apremont Haut des Gorges - La Râpe à Mollet 7A(7A+)

Normally I wouldn't easily start trying a boulder where it has "traverse and come back" in the description, but it's not really an "aller-retour".
I could understand the logic in the way it climbs and it sure was fun to do.
Opened as 7A(7A+) and in my humble opinion it's correct, as it felt like a harder than usual 7A to me (or maybe I was getting tired).

It's nice this new little area just above the main area. It certainly won't attract the big crowds, so it can be a good alternative when you are in Apremont and the crowds begin to form. Yeah well, for me 2 is a crowd, so I'm not a good reference ...
Anyway, fun little area there!


No comments:

Post a Comment