Friday, November 13, 2015

November 7, 2015 - He who searches will find

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Rumont - Sérénité debout 7A+

Not sure honestly, if the "debout" exits like the original does, or straight up.
If someone knows for sure, please let me know.



Fontainebleau - Coquibus Rumont - Sérénité 7B

I nearly saw every boulder of the Coquibus Rumont area today, and either they were too wet or too exposed (dangerous) to climb on my own.
I knew it already early in the morning. It rained yesterday evening, there was a lot of fog, no wind and as soon as the sun would come through they predicted 20 degrees.
Perfect recipe for condensation to keep everything wet.
Conditions were miserable today and finally I ended up at the "Island" boulder, the first boulder you more or less pass when coming from the parking.
By the time I arrived there (again), the step counter on my phone displayed already over 13000 steps for the day. I was already tired, but at least by now the boulder had dried up, except for under the roof, so doing "The Island" wasn't an option today (lol).

"Sérénité" is on the same boulder and even though it was in the sun, the conditions on it were perfect. Or perfect enough for a, by that time, desperate me to finally climb something.
I was psyched and it went down fast!

Scary though, having just one crashpad, no spotter and this boulder underneath the crux move.


No comments:

Post a Comment