Sunday, October 23, 2022

October 23, 2022 - Belgian bunch.

My body and the skin on my fingers felt sore when I got out of bed this morning. It was probably a good thing to meet a Belgian bunch for some climbing together in Marion des Roches. With Pieter, Jan (Gorrebeeck), Stijn and later also Jan (de Smit), Nataleigh and Dario, we were indeed a bunch at the big boulder of "PMH". 
We decided to start with "La Fissure du Clodo (assis)" to wake up the body, which apparently took some time. Once warmed up and the moves worked out, I was the first to grab the ascent.

Fontainebleau - Marion des Roches - La Fissure du Clodo (assis) 7A(7A+)



Almost immediately after, I also got away with "PMH (assis)" on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Marion des Roches - PMH (assis) 7A+(7A)



The remainder of the session was spent playing around some of the other many lines on the boulder, but my main interest went to repeating "Pierrot", which I was able to climb in a clean controlled fashion. It is already seven years ago, back in 2015, that I first climbed "Pierrot", and when I looked up my video from then, I almost bursted out laughing. The way I climbed "Pierrot" that time, is in no way comparable with the way I did it today. There was no way in my mind that even came close to doing "Pierrot" the way I did in 2015. I wish I would have recorded my ascent from today, just to be able to show the difference. Now I only have the 'what the hell did I do' method.

Fontainebleau - Marion des Roches - Pierrot 7B (2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment