Wednesday, October 12, 2022

October 12, 2022 - Invasion of the ladybirds.

The weather was forecasted to be like a nice after Summer day and I went to Cuvier with the intention to spend some time trying "La Gaule (assis)" and maybe also "Imothep". I was disappointed however, to notice a big tree that had fallen just in front and partly on the boulder, making it impossible to try it. The tree is way too big to be moved by hand, and will need a to be sawn in pieces. Completely obliterated, I moved on to "Imothep", but gave up after a few tries as I couldn't find enough motivation to try hard and really go for it. Markus (Neher) and his wife Cathy were going to join me soon and I wrote that I would be either at "Imothep" or "Démoniaque". On my way to "Démoniaque" though, I stopped at the boulder of "Evolution", realizing that I hadn't tried it before. It was with a bit of luck that I noticed Cathy walking about 50m down the hill, so I made myself aware of my presence, upon which they joined me at "Evolution".
Being an overhanging slopey arete, "Evolution" is quite my anti style, but I got away with the ascent relatively quick.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Ouest - Evolution 7A



At the "Démoniaque" boulder, I had a hard time trying to repeat it and when the sun came from behind the few clouds, it started to become too hot there to stick around. On top of that, a bunch of ladybirds seemed to enjoy the good weather as well and it was astonishing to see how many they were in numbers. We decided to move over to "La Grotte Geneviève", which was for the most part in the shade. 
It took a few tries, but in the end, I managed to get the send, I had to let the sharp crimp dig deep into the skin of my fingers, but at least it got me there.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Ouest - La Grotte Geneviève 7A



Back on top of the hill, the boulders that were in the sun were covered with ladybirds. I have to admit that I squished one of them when going for the edge of "Démoniaque". When I passed "Imothep" again on my way back, there so many of them on the boulder, that it would have been impossible doing one move without squishing more than of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment