Saturday, October 1, 2022

October 01, 2022 - Climbing waves.

Given that it is was wet this morning and more rain forecasted, I didn't expect to climb today, so started the day working in my barn that needs to be emptied for the concrete floor that will be built soon. It didn't rain anymore though and when the sky cleared out later in the afternoon and the surroundings were drying, I decided to take my chance anyway. I stayed close to home and went to the small area of La Grotte aux Fées. Lots of traverses there and many games on only a few boulders, but there are some straight ups and it was "Peter Pend" that attracted me the most.
Arriving at the sector, I was amazed by the shapes of the boulders there which reminded me of a waves in an ocean. 
At first, I had some trouble getting past the first two moves traversing slightly to the left. When I finally found a method, I had more trouble in the roof as some of the small pockets were too humid to hold on to. I was forced to be creative and look for a method avoiding the pockets.
Just like last week, I found a way going feet first. Doing the moves this way felt great and made me enjoy this line in that beautiful roof even more.

Fontainebleau - La Grotte aux Fées - Peter Pend 7B(7A+)

No comments:

Post a Comment