Sunday, October 16, 2022

October 16, 2022 - Playing lines.

Similar scenario as yesterday, except that it cleared up a little earlier and with well over 20°C, it was a quite warm afternoon, even pretty hot in the sun. I had done a walk with my youngest son, Noah, around Coquibus Grandes Vallées in the morning, and as it was already starting to dry there high on top of the hill, I returned quickly for a climb in the well known roof of "En Dessous de Tout". With at least nine published problems on that boulder, there were still a few that I hadn't done yet.
I started with "L'Etroit Mousse, plus Bas que Tout", a very conventional problem, where it's mostly about endurance, one of my weaker points. I considered it as a good training.
Given the number of moves, I had to rest long enough between attempts if I wanted to succeed. After I ended up finishing, I was pumped, but relieved.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Grandes Vallées - L'Etroit Mousse, plus Bas que Tout 7A+(7B)



Despite being pumped, I was still eager to climb and started trying "Plus de Mousse que de Tout". I wisely worked out the crux move after failing on my first attempt, but once I knew what to do, it was a pretty quick send.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Grandes Vallées - Plus de Mousse que de Tout 7A+(7A)



My intention was to call it a day there, but after watching another climber, Julien, topping out "LEtroit Mousse, plus Bas que Terre", I decided to pick another line, but a slightly easier one this time. I quite easily topped "En Dessous de Terre" to finish the session.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Grandes Vallées - En Dessous de Terre 7A(6C+)

No comments:

Post a Comment