Friday, October 7, 2022

October 07, 2022 - Fruity.

I had to start my workday early, but it allowed me to stop earlier as usual and go back to Roche aux Oiseaux for my fifth session trying "La Mandarine". Already on my first session more than a year ago, I could do the boulder in two overlapping times and had fallen off the last move more than once. I knew that it was possible, but it took a long time before I went back to spend another session where I fell off the last move a lot. As I knew that it was only a matter of time to send it, I decided to give it some real attention. I never felt any pressure and always went back with a free mind, a 'we'll see' attitude. 
When I arrived this evening, a Swiss climber by the name of Andreas was trying it and I politely asked if I could join him trying. Even I was a bit annoyed at first to not be there alone, I was glad that he didn't mind and it turned out to be a good session. Lots of falling off the last move again, but when I almost wanted to call it a day, it somehow all came together. The friction felt good from the start and when I reached the bad sloper, I somehow felt that it could go down, but still was surprised when I finally made my way to the top. I almost couldn't believe it. Funny enough, motivated by me having done "La Mandarine", Andreas topped out right after me. It was nice to share the joy.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - La Mandarine 7C+(7C)

1 comment: