Saturday, October 8, 2022

October 08, 2022 - Sneaking out.

I had preferred to go back to "La Faufilade" in Boissy Le Plaid last Wednesday, but there is hardly any cell phone reception and I had to be reachable that morning. It was my main goal for today, so this morning I went back to spend a third session on it. On my first session I had worked out all the moves, except for the topout, which turned out to be a second crux, and probably even the hardest. It was only on my second session that I had found a way for the topout, but it was still hard.
This morning, I warmed up trying only the topout, which again took some time before I was able to do it again. I repeated it a few times, each time starting lower until I felt confident enough to try from the start. On my previous two sessions, I had learned to not immediately start trying from the start, because falling on that topout, not knowing or remembering what to do sucked the energy out of me.
"La Faufilade" went quicker than I expected, but it was not without a hard struggle at the end. It felt like I could still fall out until the very end. Felt like a hard 7B+, and maybe even close to 7C.

I always thought it had something to with meat, mixing up "La Faufilade" with a faux filĂȘt, but apparently it means something like sneaking out, which fits with the problem in a way.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Le Plaid - La Faufilade 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment