Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 31, 2015 - My 150th 7 ... of 2015.

We are still 2015 today, and a little bit beyond my expectation, I did my 150th 7th grade problem of 2015. I wasn't sure it would still happen because the body felt weak.

When I look at my ticklist on 8a.nu, I can see that it consists of 85 x 7A, 35 x 7A+, 19 x 7B, 7 x 7B+ and 4 x 7C.
It was a good year! But still, it could have been more if I wouldn't have had lost a couple of months due to surgery and hospitalisation.

I looked for something special for my 150th one.
Sometimes it can be special because of the style of climbing, the type of moves, just one movement, the shape of the boulder, ... but sometimes it can also be because of the name. It was the case with this one.
Being from Belgian origin, I thought that "Moules-Frites" would suit very well.
Not only has it a Belgian-like name, it turned out to be a beautiful isolated boulder between J.A. Martin and Rocher Cailleau. It features some really nice moves too and is certainly not a give-away!! And not that easy to find.

It took me 2 sessions to finish it, and even today, I had my doubts to be able to finish it. It's more physical than it looks.
It felt like a long time ago that I still had to put so much effort in a 7A, hence the joy when I got up there!

My best wishes to all of you in 2016 and beyond!!!

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Moules-Frites 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment