Friday, December 25, 2015

December 25, 2015 - Scout Toujours.

Another day with plans to scout for some new projects.
First I went to Mare aux Joncs, where I was given a short lesson in humbleness by "Le Jeu de Paume". Given 7A(6C+) but for me this felt hard. I think it had something to do with today being my 9th day in a row of climbing. No rest days in between.
Also, the boulders, being on the north face of the hill, were not really dry enough.
Being in holiday is nice but I have to pay for it with energy, power and skin. Not that I mind, not at all.
Not much else really interesting to do there in Mare aux Joncs, but I will be back when it's more dry, and when I have some more energy in me left. It will make me look at the remaining boulders differently. There is surely something else worth to try!

From there I went to Apremont Envers. I wanted to scout around and have a look at the recently newly opened boulders there, but in the end, I didn't even get that far.
"El Paso (droite)" was something that I wanted to repeat for the video first, but the slopers of the topout were too damp to be used.
Then I saw something that drew my attention. "Scout Toujours" is only about 50m from "El Paso", so I checked it out.
It looked really nice, but the big boulder underneath it made me hestitate to try a bit. Luckily I did unfold the crashpad because it would turn out to be only thing that I would still top today.

The most logical method seemed to be too morpho, so I figured out something else. But it was physically hard for me. Not too hard, but just hard!
I knew I could do it after falling off the last move a couple of times, but it took me a huge amount of energy. My last bits of it.
I didn't want to let go, and I already made peace with the fact that after this I will probably have no energy left anymore to do something else.
When it was over, I was down and out!
My skin, my body and my mind were begging for a rest, so I packed up and went home for some family time. It is still Christmas.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Envers - Scout Toujours 7A



No comments:

Post a Comment