Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December 02, 2015 - Anti-Style.

The first time I saw "Migration Lente" I wasn't impressed. It didn't look inviting to be climbed but I sat in it anyway. Only briefly because these "arete" climbs are not really my style. It requires a lot of balance and thus also technique.
I didn't get much further than up to the second move before "opening the door" or "waving the flag" too much, forcing me out of the movement, making me feel like it's just not my style and almost logically concluding to leave it for what it is.
When I went for my ascent of "Le Flop", which is right next to it, I didn't even bother giving it a second look anymore.
Untill now, when I actually wanted to try something that is my "anti-style" so I could work on my weaknesses and hopefully get better at them.
Topping it out doesn't necessarily mean that I got better though.
I especially gave it some more thoughts and found the best way for me to climb it. Strange thing is that I was almost surprised to see on other videos that the method is the same. Duh ... !!

"Migration Lente (assis)" is one of those recently opened boulders in the part of Roche aux Oiseaux where "Le Flop" and "Le Hérisson" are, closer towards La Ségognole.
Some friends sometimes go there to spend the night in a guesthouse. They will know what to do when they can't sleep, because this is definitely worth the effort!!

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - Migration Lente (assis) 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment