Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 01, 2015 - No room for error.

It was on the day of my birthday in 2012 when I first did "Brazil".
I needed one session that lasted maybe half an hour, and still conditions weren't great back then. It would have helped more if it would have been colder a bit, but it was like it was and it will give no milk.

I thought it would be a good idea, a quick win, to do "Brazil" again for the video, for the "archives".
A good idea it was, but I couldn't have been more wrong about the "quick win"!
In the end it still took me 4 sessions of about 15-20 minutes each (the daylight wouldn't give me more time).
15-20 minutes is just enough to get your skin and body properly warmed up, conditioned for the real tries.
To make it even worse, during every session, I changed and adapted my method with more or less every attempt, thinking that this one would probably be the best. Bad thing, because my body co-ordination wasn't able to thoroughly remember the separate moves, having to learn and adapt over and over again.

I'm not going to argue about the grade, will not even dispute it, because it was all due to myself.
In the end, after having finished it again, it didn't feel hard at all, there was simply no room for error.
And yes, Ivan after that failed attempt on the video, I could hear you saying: "Kalm blijven!!" :-)
At least I remembered the ethics (I think) when finally topping out.

All in all, I had fun with it and it was a good stress relief.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - Brazil 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment