Thursday, December 24, 2015

December 24, 2015 - BBQ Anyone ?

I wanted to have a look today at Les Béorlots. I had never been there before, and I felt like wandering around, looking for new projects here and there.
I first stopped at the boulder with "Mickey Mouse". A nice looking boulder with some really nice problems on it. Gave most of them a quick try and added them to the project list so I could move on to other part of the area.
At the main area, I especially wanted to check out the wall with 3 problems opened by some of our well known Belgian friends.
"Dunk!" is something I really wanted to spend some time in. A big 7B+ dyno!
But first warming up and "Stretch" seemed like something good for that. A 6C(7A) short wall, where the crux is actually to stretch as much as you can. At the edge of being really morpho.
The hold that I was able to reach was a pretty good hold, but with a sharp edge to it. Just when I thought I had it, I came off, and cut a big piece of skin half off my finger, a "flapper" as we call it, a steak to put on the BBQ.
I remember that my first thought was that this will hurt under the shower.

It started raining about 5 minutes later, slightly and not long, but enough to make everything wet. I was actually quite pleased with that, so I was forced to stop climbing and I wouldn't miss out because of the "flapper". Anyway, nothing that some good ol' tape couldn't fix temporarily.

On my way back to the car, it started raining again and I went to see where "Katioushka" was, so I can walk right to it next time without having to look for it. It's a really nice, but isolated boulder.
In the meantime, it had stopped raining and I thought that the part of J.A. Martin, where the fire had been could be a good choice to find some dry rock up there on the hill, and out in the open now.
I was right. Just think of the saying "high and dry".
The small boulder with "Le Toit du Ninja Blanc" was mostly dry because of the wind. Maybe I would still be able to do something. I was running out of time because of Christmas preparations.
It's a small boulder but certainly not a give-away, I can tell you that!
Even though the temperature was a nice 13°C, my hands were freezing because of the cold wind up there, but I did manage to finish it. At least I still got that!

Merry Christmas, or Happy Easter! With this weather, one would start doubting!

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Le Toit du Ninja Blanc 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment