Friday, January 1, 2016

January 01, 2016 - An Unsticky Start.

It was still early in the morning when I arrived at Cuvier Rempart.
When I woke up, a dense fog was covering the fields and over the forest. Usually it means humid conditions or even wet boulders.
Most was indeed very humid to wet, except for in Cuvier Rempart. There, the boulders were almost all dry, and even though it was still only about 6°C, it wasn't sticky at all!
I didn't mind that much as I don't go to Cuvier Rempart often, especially not the far part close to Petit Rempart.
I was all alone out there, and decided to taste a little bit of everything that looked interesting.
At the end of the day, it turned out I tasted a lot, but devoured only one thing, "La Chouette". It was the first boulder I tried today and the only one I actually topped too. I was tired from the evening before where I more or less kept myself awake to see midnight and step into the year 2016.

"La Chouette" is certainly not a difficult 7A, more to the soft side, but I can imagine the taller climbers having more difficulties getting the right foot high on as good as nothing and pulling themselves up on also as good as nothing.
Once I figured out how to do the topout, I did it first go. It all came down to finding the right method that suited me. I say "suited me" because this method will surely not work for all. Some flexibility needed there.
I will go back soon, when conditions are better. I got me quite some new projects there.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Rempart - La Chouette 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment