Thursday, September 22, 2016

September 22, 2016 - Police Academy.

One of the first boulders of the spread out area Roche au Four features a long traverse, "L'Huître Bleue".
Traverses are not my favourite type of climbs, but "L'Huître Bleue" is not even at 100m from the parking of the Croix St. Jerôme, so ideal for a quick after diner session with barely an hour of daylight left.

It starts off on easy slopers into flat holds, then some bad slopers into crimps and the topout.
Of course, the most difficult part is the bad slopers near the end.
I'm not a length climber, and anything more than 5 moves becomes a lot for me, so continuity is not quite my cup of tea.

"L'Huître Bleue" is french for "The Blue Oyster".
Some might already have guessed, but that makes me think of the Police Academy movie, where some characters end up in the "Blue Oyster" bar (a gay-bar) during a raid. Probably the younger generation will not know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I did it on my third try.
Luckily, because I don't think a fourth try would still have been possible. My arms were pumped and I was exhausted.
Probably the characters of the movie would have felt the same when they came out of their Blue Oyster bar.
This felt more like a hard 7A for me, but then again, I'm not a length climber.

Fontainebleau - Roche au Four - L'Huître Bleue 7A(6C)


No comments:

Post a Comment