Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 06, 2016 - Withdrawal.

The weather, to be exact the rain, withdrew me from climbing yesterday, but even though it was cloudy today, it more or less didn't rain. Apart from some light drizzle in the morning.
In the evening it was warm but the air was humid.

I took my chances and went to Roche aux Sabots in the evening.
The boulders looked dry, but they were in bad conditions.
A little bit aside of the main area, on a low boulder where you wouldn't expect it is small problem called "Charybdis".
The boulder is about my height but the problem is on bad slopers and even worse conditions.
There were some small groups of climbers present in the main area, so I went for a try in "Charybdis".

Very slopey arete and a very bad sloper on the top with a thin humid layer of moss on it.
Conditions weren't in my favour, but I was stubborn.
I had to try many times and brush even more than that, but I kept on going, I didn't withdraw.

The problem on itself is not too bad, but there surely are much nicer ones than that.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots - Charybdis 7A(6C+)


No comments:

Post a Comment