Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 30, 2016 - Time management.

Many times I stood before and inspected "La Porte du Temps" in Rocher du Potala, but somehow never gave it a try.
For some reason, some time today, I suddenly had to think about it and decided that after diner I would go and spend some time on it.

After a short 10 minute walk, I spread out my crashpad and watched a video for beta so it would save me some time. The sun was already quite low and darkness would fall soon.

The problem looks easy, but I must admit that it was harder than I had expected.
The first move from the crimps to the jugs in the crack is easy, but once you've got the arete left hand it all comes down to technical foot placement, and maybe also long arms.
I slid off the small holds for the right foot a lot, up to the point that it started to frustrate me, but with each try I became more and more acquainted with them.

It must have been after about 15 minutes of trying that I checked the time on my cellphone.
Slowly I was running out of time and I realised that a successful ascent had to follow fast or I would find myself alone there in the dark.
Not that I would be scared, but it would just mean that I would have to let the problem go and try again some other time.

A mere handful of tries later, I managed to do it. I felt good and wondered why never before I gave this beautiful delicate problem a try.

While walking back to the parking, I enjoyed the forest preparing itself for the night. Calmness fell over me.

It was 20h35 when arrived at the car, I had managed my time well.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Potala - La Porte du Temps 7A+




By the way, my ankle is still swollen from yesterday, but the Arnica cream is doing a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment