Friday, August 12, 2016

August 12, 2016 - The goal.

After work I stopped at Bas Cuvier with only one goal in mind: to climb "La Gaule (debout)".

After working my through the tick country, meaning the jungle of the 2m high ferns where ticks like to reside, I found myself standing at the boulder, sweating like crazy.
The heat is back and I feared that with the 28°C at that moment, the slopers would be too greasy for a successful climb.
My first couple of attempts weren't good but I persisted. I knew my method was the right one, it was just a matter of sticking the slopers under tight compression and holding on long enough to reach for the next ones.
My persistance payed off and 20 minutes later I stood on top of the boulder. I had my goal!
With these hot conditions it felt like a hard 7A+ ...

Fontainebleau - Bas Cuvier - La Gaule (debout) 7A(7A+)




On my way back to the car, I stopped to have a look at "Aerosol". 
I had never tried it before, and as the boulder was (for once) free from climbers, I gave it a go.
It turned out to be easier than expected, except the topout.
Twice I fell off the mantle topout. 
It was ok to stop, I have set myself yet another goal.

Beautiful sunset between La Chapelle la Reine and Le Vaudoué.



No comments:

Post a Comment