Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 18, 2016 - A happy forest.

Early this morning, around 4 am, it started raining.
When I left for work, I could smell it, and it smelled fresh, the drought from the last days seemed gone.

It was a grey day and on the way back from work, more rain fell, so no climbing on the way home.
After diner, however, the sky had cleared open and the evening sun was out.
The days are noticeably getting shorter, so I hurried to Drei Zinnen where I was sure to find some dry boulders.

Many years ago, I had tried "Sale Coup" and was never able to make the move towards the big oblique crack high on the right.
Now it didn't give me much trouble and the send went quick.
If I remember correctly, it was opened as a 7A(7A+) but in the meantime it got downgraded to 6C+(7A), which I can understand, but on the other hand, I have done 6C's that were harder and 7A's that were easier than that.
Grades and Bleau, it's a never ending, but ever open discussion.

When I walked back to the car, the forest was still slightly wet, but I could smell that it was happy.

Fontainebleau - Drei Zinnen - Sale Coup 6C+(7A)


No comments:

Post a Comment