Wednesday, August 10, 2016

August 10, 2016 - Heal the world.

Back to Buthiers this evening, only this time I went straight to "La Rampe" in the sector 'Piscine'.
I had tried it many many years ago and thought it was super hard for the grade.
Today however, I fell off the last move on my first try. I was surprised about how subtle the topout is. It ain't over until it's over.
A couple of tries later, while keeping it cool and staying focussed at the end, it was done. This time it felt easy and I wonder what I did or didn't do the first time I tried it.

Very nice problem with really cool moves! I enjoyed this a lot!! The downclimb was subtle too ...

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Piscine - La Rampe 7A




I then briefly tried "La Coccinelle" and my attempts were, how shall I say it ? Not successful ...
After packing up, I stopped at Buthiers Canard and had a short walk around looking for another cool problem to try.
I as quickly reminded, however, about why I don't come here often and why it is not a very popular area among climbers.

The presence of the 'Base de Loisirs' attracts a lot of non-climbers, and unfortunately a lot of the kind that don't take the preservation of nature and their environment very seriously.
It's one of the only areas that has a lot of public trashcans spread out here and there, but then again, it's also one of the most polluted areas. Trash is lying around almost everywhere and most of the trashcans remain nearly empty. Go figure.
It's a shame to see that also some climbers already find it too difficult to take their own trash, but it just makes me sad to see how many families with childern are capable of carrying a shitload of pick-nick stuff into the area, but fail to take a small plastic bag filled with their own trash again outside the area.
They are even spoiled with the fact that they don't even have to take it home, but only to the nearest trashcan which is at most at 100m from them.

I am not a big fan of Michael Jackson, and < tune in the music > I can't heal the world, but I start with myself and always take my trash. If we would all do that, climber or non-climber, we could start making it a better place. < tune out the music >

When driving back home, I was glad to reach the fields between Buthiers and Tousson, where I was treated with a very nice distant sunset. It put a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment