Wednesday, July 5, 2023

July 05, 2023 - The battle for Troy.

Last Saturday, I spent over two hours working "Trojan War" in Buthiers Tennis. It seemed out of my league for a long time, but I finally found the courage to spend some time on it. A steep overhang with pure compression on bad slopers does fit my style and after finishing my session on Saturday, I had worked out all the moves and fell off the last hard move a couple of times. I was close, but the energy and power was gone after that long session. 
I had been thinking about the whole week up to now and when the temperature dropped a yesterday and today, I couldn't resist going back to try and finish it off. It was again a long process where the hardest move, for me at least, was the right at the start, aiming for a good slopey hold in the crack left hand. I could finish the problem almost every time when started there, but failed many times sticking that move and when I did, I failed at the last move again several times. 
I was almost at the point to admitting defeat again and mentally prepared to let go of it again today, but then all of a sudden, it all went smooth and I could work my way to the top of this beautiful low problem. It was a long and hard battle, but I ended up winning the war.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Tennis - Trojan War 8A

No comments:

Post a Comment