Friday, July 14, 2023

July 14, 2023 - Consolation prize.

Bastille Day in France especially means public holiday, and it promised to be a hot one. I left early to Mont Simonet, but shortly after I started climbing, my skin wasn't really cooperative and I had to stop trying anything too hard. To make it even worse, I finally found a way to initiate the dynamic move of "Coïncident" but when I nearly stuck the sharp hold, I swung out and pulled a bad flapper on my right middle finger. I taped it up, but retrying "Coïncident" was out of the question. On the verge of despair, I strolled around until I found myself in front of "Aréopage", felt that the starting hold was okay for the flapper, and decided to give the direct version a try. 
I only had to try the first move twice to get the coordination and on my third attempt, stuck it and topped out. It felt like a consolation prize as I had hoped to get away with more, but at least it was better than nothing.
The finger will need some time to heal, so I guess it's a good coincidence that I planned to visit family in Belgium this weekend.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet - L'Aréopage (direct) 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment