Wednesday, July 19, 2023

July 19, 2023 - Bad memory.

I had a vague memory about the "Bicarbuartion" roof in Gorges du Hous Oiseau de Proie, being in the shade, but while walking towards it, I soon realized that it was a false memory somehow. As I hadn't planned on trying "Bicarburation" itself, but rather some of the shorter of the many lines, I didn't really bother too much about it being partly in the sun. I expected to be alone at the boulder, but it was a pleasant surprise that Olaf, a German friend that I met several years ago and occasionally bumped in to, was there too. He was working out separate parts of the very long "Bicarburation" and I was glad to join him for a climb in the roof, even though I had my mind set on other problems, starting with "Le Bi Haut". 
It took a while before I figured out how to get through the roof without swinging out, but once I did, the ascent followed fast. It was only when I looked on bleau.info for something else in the roof, that I discovered that I apparently already had done "Le Bi Haut" seven years ago, back in 2016, and even already a video of it. As it was in October of that year, it became clear why I remembered the roof being more in the shade. 

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - Le Bi Haut 7B (repeat)



I apparently hadn't done "Le Bi Yo" yet, which has the same start, but with an exit in "Bicarbuartion", more to the left. It seemed like an obvious choice and after I quickly tried the last part, I sent "Le Bi Yo" immediately after it without it giving me any trouble or too much effort. I will go back to the roof soon to try some of the other harder and longer problems.

Fontainebleau - Gorges du Houx Oiseau de Proie - Le Bi Yo 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment