Thursday, July 20, 2023

July 20, 2023 - Dissidence.

Even though I had tried "Dissidence" in Buthiers Piscine a couple of times already, I never could give if the full attention and effort that it required due to humid holds under the roof, making it pointless to continue. But when Olaf told me that he had done it a few days ago and that the whole problem was perfectly dry, I decided to to head out there this morning and give it all I got.
It was almost 10 o'clock when I arrived at the boulder this morning and the boulder was completely in the shade, which was a big advantage. Knowing the first part of the problem, I briefly worked out the second, hardest part and sooner than I expected, did all the moves, except for the actual topout. It didn't look like the latter should cause too much trouble, so I decided to give it some attempts from the start. 
The flapper that I pulled in my finger last week wasn't completely healed and when it opened up again and started bleeding after my second attempt, I was on the verge of giving up and coming back for it another day. Luckily, I took the decision to tape it up again and give it a few more go's. Two attempts later, I found myself on top of the boulder. It was barely half an hour after I had arrived.
A very nice problem that can easily be done in the Summer.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Piscine - Dissidence 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment