Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May 31, 2023 - Crowded in isolation.

Despite the heat, I was eager to go for a climb after work and try the recently published "La Boule à Frédo" in Bois des Hauts de Milly, a small isolated sector where I was certain to be on my own. That last statement couldn't be less true as there was a small crowd around the boulder and most of them were trying the problem that I came for. Not having an alternative in mind, I didn't let it come to me and asked if I could join them, which they luckily didn't mind. Some of them I had crossed paths with in the forest in the past, so we weren't complete strangers after all.
It became a fun short session with sharing ideas and supporting each other. It also helped being forced to take small rests in between attempts while the others were having their turn. As soon as I got a method figured out with help of the others, it didn't take long anymore to finish it off. Not having tried the topout before, the others' presence was more than welcome as it was thanks to them that I was able to finish after the crux. A nice problem, a friendly crowd and a short productive session.

Fontainebleau - Bois des Hauts de Milly - La Boule à Frédo 7C

No comments:

Post a Comment