Sunday, May 14, 2023

May 14, 2023 - Quarantine zone.

A few years ago when we were quarantined at home for several months due to Corona, there were some locals who were lucky enough to live near (pieces of) the forest with boulders. It gave the mandatory opportunity to scout around, discover and brush new boulders and sometimes even open new small sectors. I, for example, had the Bois d'Auvers where I brushed tens of boulders and opened over fifty problems. Greg (Gars des Bois on bleau.info) had the forest around Moigny-sur-Ecole, the village that he lives in. He had already talked about the new sectors that he discovered, but it's only recently that most of them were published. Some of them drew my attention and I was eager to go and check them out. As I had to go to the green waste disposal in Moigny-sur-Ecole this morning, I asked Greg about some more details yesterday and he was kind enough to share them with me.
The new "Tartibois" sector in the area, is a dense jungle, hard at times to walk through, and unfortunately has a lot of ticks. I'm not sure how many of them that I had to slap off my pants, but I for sure would have needed more than two hands if I wanted to count them. Thanks to Greg's indications, I was able to find the boulders rather quick and made a first stop at the boulder of "Pif" and "Paf". It had rained yesterday evening though and "Pif" was the only problem that was dry. After a short tick inspection, I was able to tick off "Pif" on my second attempt. The 7C sitstart, opened by Guillaume Joubert, felt a bit too hard for today, so I packed up and went on to look for "Revue de Presse", aslo opened by Guillaume and one of the problems that was high on my list, going off the picture that I saw of it. It was a good thing that Greg called me just before I packed up, because it was only thanks to the additional details that he gave me, that I was able to find it quickly. It would have taken me much longer for sure otherwise.
I spent several hours trying "Revue de Presse", and I still couldn't do all the separate moves yet, but I'm sure that they are all possible when the conditions would be better and the body fresh. I will likely come back when the tick season is over, the conditions better and either still before or right after the hunting season.

Fontainebleau - Moigny-sur-Ecole - Pif 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment