Monday, May 1, 2023

May 01, 2023 - Thunder without lightning.

I was gladly surprised yesterday evening when Pieter proposed to go try "Tonnerre de Brest", in Coquibus Longs Vaux, today. The only time we tried it, was about six years ago and we were chased away by rain after barely trying twenty minutes. Even before the rain, the conditions were not good and we weren't even able to get into the wall from under the roof. 
No rain this morning and the conditions were quite good, but our bodies felt soar from the days of climbing before. I could still feel that I went deep when doing "Get on Up" two days ago so I started trying "Tonnerre de Brest" without too much expectations. It was only when I finally managed to come from under the roof and stand up in the wall, that I started imagining a possible ascent. Once getting in the wall, there is time to breathe, but as the whole body is under constant tension, there is no time to rest and barely a chance for topping out when you make a mistake. After falling off the last hard move to a high crimp right hand, I could feel the boulder sucking the energy out of me, but after I told Pieter that I would give one more try before taking a longer rest, I suddenly managed to really crimp the high crimp and continue my way up to the high top. The boulder had sucked everything out me, but I was relieved and delighted.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Longs Vaux - Tonnerre de Brest 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment