Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November 30, 2022 - Surprisingly good.

The weather forecast didn't look good for today, but yesterday it had changed and there was no more rain to be expected. It hadn't rained for a few days now, but without sun and much wind, it dried very slowly. 
During the weekend one will never see me in Franchard Isatis, except when passing through. On a regular Wednesday though, it is a good place to be. Instead of an otherwise full parking lot, there were only four cars this morning, mine included. The conditions looked bad though when I entered the area and saw the first boulders. Upon touching them however, they were dry and in surprisingly good conditions as well.
I started with "Le Surplomb Gauche" as a warmup, but my fingers were cold, and my body still had to wake up. Nevertheless, it didn't take me very long.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Le Surplomb Gauche 7A



The sitstart followed immediately after practicing the first move a couple of times.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Le Surplomb Gauche (assis) 7B+(7B)



I continued my way and stopped at "Patte de Chat" of which I could do the 7B version on my second attempt. With these conditions it didn't feel harder than 7A+.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Patte de Chat (du sol) 7B



Next, I had the intention of trying "Panzer", but on my way there, my attention was drawn by the low start version of "El Poussah" on the boulder right next to "Panzer". Having two crashpads with me, I decided to work in "El Poussah (rallongé)" instead. Again, with these surprisingly good conditions, it went down much faster than I had expected at first. 
I still had some time but decided to leave home to build a second climbing module and fix to the wall in my barn.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - El Poussah (rallongé) 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment