Friday, November 11, 2022

November 11, 2022 - Unexpected sends.

I met with Pieter and Bram (Honorez) this morning on the parking La Feuillardière as we agreed to go climbing together in Rocher du Télégraphe. The boulders near the base of the hill were very damp, but higher up, the boulder with "Le Plat du Chef" was dry. I didn't really have a specific problem in mind, but as we all hadn't done "Le Plat du Chef" yet, we agreed to start with that one.
Pieter wasn't in his best shape, and Bram, who didn't climb for at least nine months, wasn't as well. I was the only one of us who got the send.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Le Plat du Chef 7A+



While the others were still trying "Le Plat du Chef", I was able to do the relatively new "Karim Abdoul Gullish" unexpectedly. It somehow didn't give me much trouble, besides the topout being somewhat scary.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Karim Abdoul Gullish 7C



After a while, we moved over to "Coup d'Epaule" on the boulder next to it. I had done it already back in 2016, and the sitstart as well, but not the direct version, without the good holds behind the arete. I had tried it a few times long ago but couldn't do more than one move.
After we witnessed Bram flashing "Coup d'Epaule", I somehow managed to get past the crux of "Coup d'Epaule (direct)" but jumped back off to turn on the camera. I was able to finish this beauty off on my second attempt afterwards. This one came truly unexpected but made me want to come back for its sitstart some other day.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Coup d'Epaule (direct) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment