Tuesday, November 1, 2022

November 01, 2022 - Good to be back.

After many months, I finally returned back to Belgium for a long weekend to attend a family reunion, and to be honest, it was good to be back in Belgium and spend some days with family. People who know where I live will probably understand that it felt good to be back home as well, maybe even better.
It was a long drive, but after a coffee at home, I left to the forest for a climb. Feeling pretty tired, I stayed close and went to Bois Rond Auberge to climb something not too hard and walked straight to "Les Evadés", which I had never bothered trying before.
It went down quickly.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Auberge - Les Evadés 6C+



"Les Evadés (prolongé)" followed immediately after.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Auberge - Les Evadés (prolongé) 6C+(7A)



Having done both versions so quickly, I was still eager to climb, and "Avatar" on the boulder next to it, was a logical next step, even though I didn't come with the intention to try it. I had tried several times before, but never got further than lifting my butt off the ground, and I was never able to figure out what to do next. That was several years ago though, so I guessed it wouldn't hurt giving it another shot.
It took a while before I finally found a possible method and started making progress.
I was very pleased to very unexpectedly and unplanned tick this problem off. It's good to be back.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Auberge - Avatar 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment