Wednesday, November 9, 2022

November 09, 2022 - Make it count.

After last night's and this morning's rain showers, I expected and was prepared for bad conditions in Franchard Sablons. I was hoping to try "Modulor" and carried two crashpads to be on the safe side. The boulders near the base of the hill were wet but got dryer when moving higher up and I felt lucky to find "Modulor" dry. I had spent a few short sessions on it long ago but had never been able to release the left toehoek without swinging out too far and touching the boulder on the left. Even though there was quite some humidity, the parts of the boulder that I had to use were dry and actually in pretty good conditions.
For a moment I thought that I would end up touching the left boulder again all the time, but when I was finally able to reach high enough, I barely took a swing and topped out this beauty much quicker than I had anticipated.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons - Modulor 7B+



As I had carried both crashpads, I wanted to make it count and moved over to the boulder with "Jokari", of which I wanted to try the sitstart. After a few fruitless attempts trying the first move and then matching both hands on the high undercling, I feared that it wasn't going to work out and that it would just be impossible for me. I took my time though, made some tiny foot placement adjustments and after a while, I had the first move and matching both hands dialed and was able to get into the position of the standing start soon after that. When I was then able to quickly repeat the standing start, I setup the camera and went for it from the sitstart. Two attempts later, it was done. I made it count.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons - Jokari (assis) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment