Saturday, April 30, 2022

April 30, 2022 - Stretched out.

After having done some work for the job this morning, it was a little later than usual that I was able to leave for climbing. I met Pieter on the parking of J.A. Martin, where also Jan (Gorrebeeck) and some of his friends were climbing.
Pieter and I started with "Couleur Feu", of which I repeated the standing and the sitting start fairly quickly after having done both back in 2015. Pieter was about to give up, but thanks to my motivation, he did get away with the standing start before we moved on to the Eastern sector of the area. On our way to "Déformation Professionnelle", we bumped into Jan, Bram, Laurent, Marijke and kids. Jan joined us at "Déformation Professionnelle", soon followed by Laurent and Bram. Even though for me it was a repeat, we all managed to top it out. For Laurent it was his first 7A and he was understandably happy with it.
Jan, Pieter and I then started trying "Déséquilibré (du fond)", on the same small boulder. This one turned out to be a tough one for its proposed grade. 
We spent almost two hours trying with breaks in between attempts. This one really sucks out the power out of you. Even though I had worked all the moves, it was only after taking a long break that I finally managed to top out, followed by Jan, who also needed a much longer break to recover first. This felt like a good 7B in these warm conditions. Much nicer than expected at first.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Déséquilibré (du fond) 7A+(7A)

No comments:

Post a Comment