Wednesday, April 27, 2022

April 27, 2022 - Wrestling with a boulder.

I had been wrestling with "The Wrestler" in Boissy aux Cailles for three sessions already and I was hoping to finally win the battle today, on my fourth session. It's a very slopey problem with a very hard mantle as topout and I had fallen off many times on the mantle on each of my previous sessions. Being slightly exposed, I always carried two crashpads, but still my first attempts have always been a bit hesitant. Today was not different. As the last session was a couple of months ago, I had some trouble finding my method again and when I fell off the mantle again after finding back my sequence, I feared for a moment that today would be just the same as the others. I tried to not get distracted by that thought and started each attempt with the intention of it being the good one. The joy and relief was great when it finally came together and the battle was won.

Fontainebleau - Boissy aux Cailles - The Wrestler 7C(7C+)



A friend of mine, Cedric "Cee'tje", his wife Giorgia and their ten month old baby, Margot, joined me not long after. It had been a few years since I saw them last time, so we only chilled a bit, catching up, and walked around the beautiful surroundings. It was nice to see them back after such long time, and especially to see their beautiful baby. I wish them nothing but luck and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment