Friday, April 22, 2022

April 22, 2022 - In time for dinner.

As they are predicting rain for tomorrow and Sunday, I definitely wanted to go out for a climb after work today. I warned my wife that I might be late for dinner and left for Rocher Cailleau with the intention of finishing the original sitstart of "Esthétique (gauche", opened by Tony Fouchereau.
I still knew the moves by heart and fell of the last far move to the left on my first attempt. Same thing happened on my second attempt, but the third was good. Despite the warm weather, the conditions were great and there was a good amount of excellent friction.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Esthétique (gauche) 7B+(7C)



Having done that much quicker than I had hoped, I still had time to try the slab on the other side of the boulder. "Le Mycélium" went down fast.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Le Mycélium 7A(7A+)



The sitstart followed immediately on my first attempt. Both the standing start and the sitstart also opened by Tony Fouchereau.
I had a double feeling realizing that I have now finished all the lines on this beautiful boulder, it is one that I liked to back to. 
I was back home sooner than expected, but still in time for dinner.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Le Mycélium (assis) 7B(7B+)

No comments:

Post a Comment