Monday, April 18, 2022

April 18, 2022 - Three out of three.

Still trying to avoid a crowd, I went to Apremont Brûlis this morning. I had only noted three problems to try, two that I never tried or even saw before and then "Fake Karma", on an isolated hidden boulder in the area. This last one had I had tried briefly one day.
First stop was at a boulder at barely 30m from the elephant shaped boulder of Barbizon, where I wanted to try "Mûmak" and "Oliphant". "Mûmak" went down on my second attempt with relative ease.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Mûmak 7A



I needed some more time and a handful of attempts to figure out how to do "Oliphant", but once I knew how to start, it went down quite easily as well.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Oliphant 7B



Much sooner than I expected, I was able to move on to "Fake Karma". I still remembered more or less where it was, but nevertheless, I spent about ten minutes looking around before I found it again.
When I started trying the moves, I remember wondering why I thought last time that there was a possibility, because it seemed almost impossible and too morpho for the first fifteen minutes. I did slowly but steadily made progress on the crux move, the dynamic one to a far bad sloper right hand, and only when I was finally able to stick that one separately, I started to believe in it. Working out the topout wasn't easy neither, nor was getting into position for the dynamic move when coming from the start. The successful attempt was a bit surprising, but it was a pleasant surprise. Lost a lot of skin on that one.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Fake Karma 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment