Saturday, April 23, 2022

April 23, 2022 - Out of memory.

It didn't rain during the night, as previously predicted, but apparently it was postponed to rain later in the afternoon. It gave me enough time to drive to the small and isolated area of Villetard where I wanted to avoid the crowds and try "Le Toit de Nanteau (direct)". I had tried this briefly a few times before and couldn't even do the first two moves. That was a few years ago though and I think that I did get stronger since then, so it seemed to be worth another shot.
As expected, I was alone in the tiny, but beautiful area and started with working out the moves one by one. Despite slight disbelief of being capable of doing it at first, I kept on trying until I was able to do all the moves separately. That process alone took more than an hour, but I was motivated and wanted to get it done. Linking up all the moves turned out to be quite physical and I needed a few breaks in between multiple attempts. Being able to do all the moves, I knew it was only a matter of time and hopefully enough remaining power and energy to be able to finish it.
It was a hard fight and a struggle, but a huge relief when I finally made it to the top. Just in time apparently, because when I moved the camera under the roof just minutes after the ascent to get another angle of the first couple of moves, it suddenly stopped recording due to insufficient space remaining on the memory card. The feeling of relief that it didn't happen minutes earlier was almost as big as topping out "Le Toit de Nanteau (direct)".

Fontainebleau - Villetard - Le Toit de Nanteau (direct) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment