Wednesday, April 6, 2022

April 06, 2022 - Infinitely privileged.

Due to wrecked hands and a not so good weather forecast, it wasn't sure if it would be possible to climb today, but that changed when I got out of bed this morning. It was grey, but dry and the skin of my hands had started to heal slowly, but steadily. Only one finger required to be taped to keep the skin together.
I decided to go to Rocher de la Salamandre and try "Infinite Jest", hoping that it wouldn't be too demanding on the skin. It was still early when I arrived and as expected, I was the only one there in that beautiful part of the forest.
I used to like the kind of dyno's like "Nouvelle Vague", jumping backwards to an invisible hold, but it was long ago that I still did such a problem. I used to be pretty good at flipping the switch and just going for it, and it turned out that I didn't loose it yet. My first attempt was hesitant, but after flipping the switch, I went for it and had it on my fourth attempt. Really nice dyno with a big swing when you catch the flat ledge.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Salamandre - Infinite Jest 7B+



Even though I had visited the area a few times in the past, I never made it to the boulder of "Sublime Privilège", so this time, I decided to spend the time and go look for it. I didn't find it immediately, and when I finally did, I was glad that there is another easier line on it as well, "Petit Privilège". After briefly checking out the line, I went for it and flashed it with relative ease.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Salamandre - Petit Privilège 7A



It took much more time to work out the moves of "Sublime Privilège", but when I was able to find a sequence, I started the camera again and executed the moves without error and much quicker than I expected, worked my way to the top. This very nice problem totally fits my style.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Salamandre - Sublime Privilège 7B+



I walked up to "Menhir", but with the crux move being about 5m above two small boulders on the ground, I had to think of Pieter and wished he was there too. This is definitely a boulder that he would like as well. I left back home without trying "Menhir", but determined to come back one day with Pieter.

No comments:

Post a Comment