Saturday, April 16, 2022

April 16, 2022 - Bad in hats.

Apparently, the rumor goes that I'm tall and look bad in hats; I wouldn't know, because I have never worn more than one hat at the same time. Even if I look bad with just one hat, I couldn't care less. When people for any reason whatsoever like to make fun of me, I'ld just join the fun and laugh along. Even if it would be behind my back, I'm glad for people to have their fun, I even encourage it if it makes their day. After all, laughing is healthy and one should not lack good health in these Corona spreading times. Personally I find it more funny when I'm not wearing a or several hats, the bald spot in the middle of the top of my head, making me look like a wannabe monk, is hilarious at times.
As for being tall though, with my 172 cm, I don't quite consider myself to be so.

Anyway, Pieter was one of the hundreds, if not thousands, of other, mostly foreign, climbers that made their way to the forest for the traditionally crowded Easter weekend. Trying to avoid the bigger crowds, we met at the less popular and small area of Rocher Brûlé. There were only two other cars parked there, but of course, the boulder of "Crème Brûlée" was occupied by a small group. Not wanting to get in anyone's way, we walked on to the small boulder of "Régime Obligatoire".
After warming up and working out the moves, we both did it pretty quick.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Brûlé - Régime Obligatoire 7A+(7A)



Working out second part of "Régime Obligatoire" took a substantial longer time, but once we found a working sequence, I was able to do it on my first try when coming from the start. Pieter came really close, but unfortunately decided to let it go before his energy levels went into red.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Brûlé - Régime Obligatoire (gauche) 7B



"Crème Brûlée" still being occupied more than two hours after we arrived, we decided to move on to the isolated boulder of "Plats Malins", which turns out to have a ridiculously hard first move. Despite being able to to do all the other moves, the first one shut me down. 
To avoid the crowds even more tomorrow, we'll be going to an undisclosed part of the forest, one of many that only a few people know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment