Sunday, April 24, 2022

April 24, 2022 - Down to the blood.

It rained during the night and some parts of the streets were still wet when I driving on my way to the isolated lesser known area of Moulin de Roisneau. I had visited this area only once a few years ago on a rainy day just to scout the area and locate some of the boulders, so I hadn't climbed there yet. A lot of the boulders being on the North-Western side of a hill, I feared that also today it would be only scouting and no climbing due to possibly wet boulders.
I left the crashpad in the car after parking it, so I could more easily look for any dry boulders, if any, in this chaotic area. One of the first boulders that I passed, the one with "Desperados" was surprisingly dry, and as happened to be one of the problems that I wanted to try, I went back to the car to get the crashpad.
It didn't take long before I was able to do the first part, but the very slopey topout was a bit sandy and somewhat mossy. Not feeling completely at ease up there, it nevertheless went down unexpectedly fast. I must admit though that I was a bit scared when pulling myself up onto the top. A very nice problem that seemed to have fit me quite well. Did loose quite some skin there though.

Fontainebleau - Moulin de Roisneau - Desperados 7B+



Looking around for other potential problems, I also found "Le Sabre" completely dry. The low deep start of "Le Sabre (du fond)" was a bit annoying, trying to squeeze into position, and almost felt like the hardest part of the problem. Catching the violent swing when relasing the heelhook from way back was harder though, but a move that also seemed to fit me. I only needed a handful of attempts to top it out, but the skin on my fingertips was so far gone that small drops of blood were coming out of them. It was a bit a forced end of the session, but I was happy with what I had achieved.

Fontainebleau - Moulin de Roisneau - Le Sabre (du fond) 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment