Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July 31, 2019 - Air time.

My body felt somewhat tired this morning, but I wanted to get some air, so why not go to 95.2 and try some dyno-ing.
"Air", next to "L'Ange Naïf", seemed like a good one to start with, even though I had never dared to really go for it in the past. I was doubting to take a second crashpad, but didn't after all. When I arrived at the boulder, I again was spooked by how high it is and why I maybe should have taken that extra pad anyway.
So be it, I was there, and decided to slowly build up the confidence. Still, that big boulder in the back was worrying me.

Surprisingly, it didn't take me as long as I expected and finished it after a handful attempts.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Air 7B+(7B)




I knew that the dyno to the right was even more scary and even closer to that boulder in the back, but decided to give it some tries anyway.
After a few times not making the jump and falling really close to the boulder behind me, I was scared off and started packing. For some reason I changed my mind and decided to try a few times more, trying not to think about that boulder behind me and really jump.

It was a huge relief when it suddenly stuck and I mantled up. Very scary and quite hard dyno this one.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Air (droite) 7A+




I hadn't planned on trying "Jafesse Connexion Airline" again, as I sort of had already given up on that one. I just didn't see myself doing that huge dyno, covering about two metres from the starting hold to the next.
My curiosity took over though and after the first try this morning, I immediately had the feeling that this could work. Which it did in the end.

This huge dyno to compression on slopers is much nicer than it looks. I wonder why I never bothered trying it more before.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Jafesse Connexion Airline 7B(7B+)




I had collected enough air miles for the day and headed back home. There was still a lot of work in the garden to finish, so at least I would still be getting some air.

No comments:

Post a Comment